[asterisk-users] Cell phone to PSTN adapter or IAX

Matt Watson matt at mattgwatson.ca
Sat Jul 5 08:59:47 CDT 2008

On July 5, 2008 01:50:52 pm Joseph wrote:
> Are they any such things as "Cell phone PSTN adapters"?
>
> Openmoko is coming out so I hope it will be possible to register it to
> Asterisk and/or there will be a small iax registration program to
> communicate with asterisk.

The beauty of the OpenMoko is that it is entirely open and completely
hackable... they encourage people to modify it and write software for it... I
imagine making a SIP/IAX client for it would probably be rather easy.

That being said... since the OpenMoko runs Linux as its OS... its probably
possible to run Asterisk on the OpenMoko... you could probably even use
Asterisk as that SIP/IAX client using chan_alsa to access the built in
speaker/microphone... (I;m assuming they are accessible through ALSA).

I don;t know the OpenMoko inside and out... i;ve done some light reading on it
over the last year or so... so i;m really just making some logical
assumptions here.

--
Matt Watson
http://www.mattgwatson.ca