[asterisk-users] Asterisk loosing IAX users's registration??

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Sat Jul 5 11:20:57 CDT 2008

On 11:13, Sat 05 Jul 08, asterisk at mazone.info wrote:
> Can anyone tell me why my * is loosing the IAX user's registration?
>
> Before, I had asterisk installed with root, and after a hardware failure I
> reinstalled it under the user "asterisk"
>
> I'm using exactly the same configuration as before, exactly the same version
> as before but now when I try to call any IAX users it fails right the way
> and send me to the voicemail, I have to tray 3 or 4 times until asterisk
> succeed to contact the user.
>
> lnxca*CLI> core show version
> Asterisk 1.4.16.2 built by asterisk @ lnxca
> Running on Fedora 7

First of all, update to the latest version, 1.4.21.1
Are you having other network issues with the box?
Check the iax show peers output. set qualify=yes for all the entries so
you can see how much they are lagged.
--

Michiel van Baak
michiel at vanbaak.eu
http://michiel.vanbaak.eu

"Why is it drug addicts and computer aficionados are both called users?"