[asterisk-users] The S word: Asterisk security

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 02:33:02 CDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 10:06 PM, Michael Graves <mgraves at mstvp.com> wrote:
> All the VUC calls are recorded and available via
> http://voipusersconference.org/ning/.

> The post-call session is often not recorded, but the main body of the
> call is available for download.

I recorded yesterday's post chat because I knew the guys would
continue with interesting stuff, and they did. Part 2 is on the feed.

Thanks again to everyone who participates in these sessions. I did not
start this in March 2007 as a podcast, but as a live conference for
like-minded people to discuss asterisk-related and voip-related
issues. You can see that no attempt is made to have a big, shiny,
professional "show". Rather I wanted a worldwide virtual users' group
and that's what it is. We'd have many calls with participants from 4
continents at once.

It just happens that the recordings are made available both on the
Talkshoe site and on a number of others:

RSS:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/AstUser
http://recordings.talkshoe.com/rss22622.xml

Lists of recorded sessions:
http://food4wine.ning.com/conference
http://voipusersconference.org/topics.php

Flash player, Java SIP phone and Google Calendar agenda:

http://food4wine.ning.com

And the Talkshoe page has it all, too:

http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.jsp?masterId=22622

We've had a lot of great, knowledgeable guests present on a lot of
topics and I hope to continue this 15 month series for at least a few
more years.

Yesterday was a holiday so participation was down a little, but
typically there are 30 to 50 live callers.

Next week I'm thinking of trying to get someone to go through and
explain the process of a SIP call from A to Z. If Olle was available
he'd be a good choice, but Olle is very scarce. Perhaps John Todd or
someone else from Digium will heed the cry for help and do this. Worst
case, I will attempt it and someone who actually knows what they're
talking about will come to the rescue! Be there next week for
"Everything you wanted to know about SIP but were afraid to ask".

/r