[asterisk-users] Spoofing CID

Fred Posner fred at teamforrest.com
Fri Jul 4 10:00:00 CDT 2008

On Jul 3, 2008, at 10:45 PM, Alex Balashov wrote:

> Alexander Lopez wrote:
>
>> I may create an IVR Hell for them, so that I can transfer the calls
>> to,
>> Hey, Its their dime.
>
> If you do end up going that route, please share the details, and
> possibly the code.  We could all benefit from a good IVR from hell.  I
> certainly could use one.
>
> No, I'm not being sarcastic.

I tried an IVR once before but they hang up immediately... instead I
have a recorded message of me saying "Hello" then a wait 5 sec... and
then an "I'm sorry, ... yatta yatta yatta if youuse  real number I'll
take your call."

I use a blacklist script to add numbers to and record the call. During
that 5 sec wait they normally talk, so it provides me some sense of
amusement (sadly).

Fred Posner
fred at teamforrest.com

www.teamforrest.com