[asterisk-users] new install of asterisk appliance.

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 09:04:57 CDT 2008

> I have 1 nic card which is linked to the router.
> Then I use 1 port on the router which is linked to the asterisk appliance.
>
> It will work via WAN which ive now got. SO I can access the asterisk
> appliance via 192.168.1.15
>
> The problem is now…How do I connect the phone.
> Ive got the phone (Ethernet) connected from the LAN port on the phone to a
> LAN port in the asterisk appliance.

The short answer is that if you're not using the AA50 as a router you
cannot use the LAN ports on the AA50.  You'll have to connect your
phone to a LAN port on your switch.  As Rob mentioned, you'll need to
configure the Grandstream manually.

Also, if your SBS server or your router is providing DHCP be sure to
turn off DHCP on the AA50.

- Noah