[asterisk-users] The S word: Asterisk security

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 01:31:33 CDT 2008

Aside from the 5g phone that will come out as soon as you plunk down
$300 for the 3g ($800 if you calculate your 2 year contract
obligation), don't forget to join us today for  "The S Word: Security"

Most of you on this list will be more qualified than I am to discuss
or even list the issues involved, but I would start with these:

* What are the principal risks?
 DoS
 Fraudulent usage of your minutes
 Compromising your user accounts (example, getting all the emails, CID, etc)
 Making your life miserable in various ways through resource abuse

* What's wrong with running as root?

* How to lock down your server
 Denying access using standard *nix tools
 Authentication
 Checking against known attackers

Those are just a few ideas. Please join us for the call this Friday 4th of July.

See http://VoipUsersConference.org

IRC.Freenode.net #voip-users-conference

PSTN;: Call (724) 444-7444 and enter 22622# 1#

Dial(SIP/123 at 66.212.134.192,60,D(22622#${YOUR_PIN}#)) ; by default
your PIN is 1#

ts.x2z.eu resolves to the above IP

http://food4wine.ning.com has news, forums, blogs, etc

http://voipuserstv.com has videos of Asterisk Tag and other asterisk