[asterisk-users] (no subject)

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Thu Jul 3 13:33:54 CDT 2008

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008, Alex Balashov wrote:

> Steve Edwards wrote:

>>> Oh, if only more newbie posters on this list would heed that advice.
>>
>> ) How about rejecting emails that don't have a subject?
>>
>> ) How about rejecting top posted replies?
>>
>> ) How about rejecting posts to -dev until the poster's account is more
>> than a couple of days old? Or until they've earned a couple of karma
>> points? Or a challenge/response confirming "this post is about changing
>> the C source code?"
>
> I would say the main thing that is needed is a grammar and spelling
> checker, followed by some degree of nominal assessment of conceptual
> integrity and coherence.  The latter may be impossible to implement, but
> the former would be beneficial.

But deciphering posts from our non-English-speaking members is half the
challenge/fun :)

Seriously though, good for them for trying. I wouldn't.

What are you if you speak 3 languages? Trilingual.

What are you if you speak 2 languages? Bilingual.

What are you if you only speak 1 language? American :)

Thanks in advance,