[asterisk-users] new install of asterisk appliance.

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Wed Jul 2 10:57:40 CDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 8:05 AM, Sydney Web Hosting
<inbox at sydneywebhosting.com.au> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Ive just purchased an asterisk appliance. (AA50)
>
> ive connected the AA50 to my pc directly via Ethernet and logged in via
> 192.168.169.1 and I can log in fine.
>
> But then when I go into the asterisk gui > network to change the settings to
> get it on our LAN im having trouble.
>
> It just won't connect via the ip address ive assigned it of 192.168.1.15
>
> Im on a windows network. (sbs2003 server)
>
> The changes Ive made in asterisk are as follows.
>
> (Under lan)
> IP = 192.168.1.15
> DNS = 192.168.1.1
> IP start range = 192.168.1.15
> END range = 192.168.1.150
>
> Im assuming that I have to change this info so I can access it via the
> network, rather than to have it connected to my pc all of the time.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

First, can you ping 192.168.1.15 from the LAN, not your PC?

Shut down the appliance and try to ping 192.168.1.15, if you get
replies, then you have an IP conflict.

When you changed your network settings on the appliance, did you
restart the box?  I am not sure if this unit makes netchanges on the
fly.

Can you get root on the box (of course you can), just hand edit your
ethX config.

BUT, first, I would call the vendor, in this case Digium.  I am sure
they can help you.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro