[asterisk-users] Waiting time to send the call

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 2 04:11:56 CDT 2008

Dear Tilghman;

I think there is a confusion.

I mean, my analoge phone connected to fxs port, I need to place a call. I will pickup the handset and start dialing. What will happen if I delayed little to dial a digit? Then it will be considered that number completed and will be dialed (but actually it is not completed because I did not dial all my digits).

How can I increase the waiting time while dialing my digits, so if I delayed, then I still have time to enter the digits (does not consider the number completed until an enough time of stop dialing the digits)?

Regards
Bilal

---------------------
On Tuesday 01 July 2008 14:27:26 bilal ghayyad wrote:
> Can anyone advise how to increase the waiting time to consider the number
> is dialed (if user pickup the analoge phone and start dialing the digits,
> then we need to asterisk to enough time to consider that number is done and
> sent it). How?

An analog phone, assuming you're not set up in immediate mode, never does
this.  If you're talking about an Asterisk IVR, then simply set TIMEOUT(digit)
to something higher than the default (5).  If you're using an analog phone
connected to an ATA device, then you need to check with the manufacturer
of that ATA device.

--
Tilghman