[asterisk-users] Cannot dial on E1 cards

Lars Knopf lars.knopf at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 17:25:48 CDT 2008

Hello,

I have a Digium TE110P connected to a GSM Gateway via E1 (Euro-IDSN).

It works fine, but after an hour or so, it cannot setup a call anymore. The
error it sends is:

app_dial.c:1215 dial_exec_full: Unable to create channel of type 'Zap'
(cause 0 - Unknown)

When that happens, the only way to have it working again, is doing a
"restart row".

Incoming calls (from the gateway to the PCI card), are always working. The
problem is with outbound calls,
and when some time has elapsed since the last restart of Asterisk.

I am using 1.4.18, but tested with 1.2.13 also.

Also tested different cards (the cards are OK, they work fine in other E1s).

Also tested setting internal or loopback clock, with or without CRC.

Everything seems to be configured right, I still don't know what is the
origin of this erratic behavior.

Would like to hear any advice or suggestion.

Regards,
Lars Knopf