[asterisk-users] The S word: Asterisk security

Kristian Kielhofner kkielhofner at star2star.com
Tue Jul 1 10:56:24 CDT 2008

On 7/1/08, randulo <spamsucks2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  As I mentioned briefly in the SIP takeover thread, I'd like to try to
>  talk about security this coming Friday. I realize it is a holiday in
>  the USA, but do geeks ever take a day off, especially
>  security-conscious geeks? Mark Spencer once said "The Bug Tracker is
>  never on vacation!".
>
>  We will try to start this subject this Friday, but I have no
>  experience at all with this. If you know anyone who is good in this
>  area and would like to share their expertise and talk about security
>  in the asterisk and voip contexts, I'd like to hear from them,
>  especially next Friday July 4th.
>
>  tia,
>
>  Randy

Randy,

  I'd love to participate as long as no one minds me calling in from
the beach... :)

  I'm interested in developing my SIP DoS script (and any similar
solutions).  While I'm reluctant to claim that it or anything like it
could protect from a true DoS, it would offer some protection at the
application level and that could make all the difference in some
instances...

  As far as wider Asterisk/security issues I think J. Oquendo would be
a great guest (hint, hint).

--
Kristian Kielhofner
NOT sent from my iPhone or Blackberry