[asterisk-users] Problem picking up a call with PickUpChan or PickUp

Stefan Guenther asterisk01 at in-put.de
Thu Jan 31 15:10:34 CST 2008

Hi,

I have configured my SNOM 360 to monitor another extension by setting
the following:

[default]
exten => user1,hint,SIP/user1

The next step was to define a function key on the phone as an extension
with the value <sip:user1 at 192.168.0.101> and later with
<sip:user1 at 192.168.0.101|*8>

When someone now calls extension 97 (which is the number of the
corresponding phone), the LED on the SNOM 360 starts flashing.

According to the documentation in the wiki
(http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+phone+snom)
I have tested a number of configurations on the phone, e.g.

exten => _*8.,1,PickUpChan(SIP/user1)

But all I get is a flashing LED, when I press the key, the display tells
me "connected", but the phone isn't connected and I don't get any
message on the cli (debug level 5). Since I

I' m using Asterisk 1.4.17-BRIstuffed-0.4.0-test6

Does anyone of you has a working configuration with SNOM phones that are
able to pickup a call from a flasing LED?

Thanks for your help,

Stefan

in-put GbR - Das Linux-Systemhaus
Stefan-Michael Guenther