[asterisk-users] pulling my hair out over voicemail

John Millican jmillican at sentinelcommunications.com
Thu Jan 31 09:51:51 CST 2008

Shane D wrote:
> Try this:
> exten => 1000,1,Answer()
> exten => 1000,2,Wait(2)
> exten => 1000,3,VoiceMailMain()
>
> You do not specify the mailbox number in the call to the application.
> You only specify the number to VoiceMail()
>
> HTH,
> Shane
>
> On 1/31/08, Drew Gibson <drew at oanda.com> wrote:
>> John Von Essen wrote:
>>> Any ideas what could be going on? I tried tweaking the extension 1000
>>> so it looks like:
>>>
>>> exten => 1000,3,VoicemailMain,s6000
>>>

>> It may be your syntax, try :-
>>
>> exten => 1000,3,VoicemailMain(6000|s)
>>

>> regards,
>>
>> Drew
>>

>> --
>> Drew Gibson
>>
>> Systems Administrator
>> OANDA Corporation
>> www.oanda.com

What do you mean you do not use the mailbox in Voicemailmain see below:
*CLI>
   -= Info about application 'VoiceMailMain' =-

[Synopsis]
Check Voicemail messages

[Description]
   VoiceMailMain([mailbox][@context][|options]): This application allows the
calling party to check voicemail messages. A specific mailbox, and optional
corresponding context, may be specified. If a mailbox is not provided, the
calling party will be prompted to enter one. If a context is not specified,
the 'default' context will be used.

     p    - Consider the mailbox parameter as a prefix to the mailbox that
            is entered by the caller.
     g(#) - Use the specified amount of gain when recording a voicemail
            message. The units are whole-number decibels (dB).
     s    - Skip checking the passcode for the mailbox.
     a(#) - Skip folder prompt and go directly to folder specified.
            Defaults to INBOX
JohnM