[asterisk-users] Meetme voice quality problems

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Wed Jan 30 15:35:43 CST 2008

Franklin wrote:
> ztdummy can give you issues as a timing device.
Yes and no.  See below

Tomasz wrote:
>> I am using Debian OS kernel  2.6.22-3-amd64
>> and zaptel driver 1.4 with ztdummy module for meetme
>> application. I use meetme with SIP channels.

Your kernel is new enough that you should be able to
leverage hi-res timers (you might need to patch ztdummy),
or at least a RTC set to 8192 ticks/sec.  What does
dmesg show after ztdummy is loaded?

>> I have such problem that when one connects to the
>> conference voice is "cut". Each voice sequence is
>> disturbed.
Do you have internal_timing=yes in asterisk.conf?
This option allows Asterisk to time the RTP stream
based on zaptel/ztdummy clock and not on the received
RTP stream.  In a MeetMe, where callers might mute
themselves, the received RTP stream is all but useless
for timing.

Dan