[asterisk-users] Meetme voice quality problems

Matthew J. Roth mroth at imminc.com
Wed Jan 30 10:48:21 CST 2008

Tomasz Zieleniewski wrote:
> I am using Debian OS kernel  2.6.22-3-amd64
> and zaptel driver 1.4 with ztdummy module for meetme application.
> I use meetme with SIP channels.
>
> I have such problem that when one connects to the conference voice is
> "cut".
> Each voice sequence is disturbed.
>
> Does any one have similar issue and could give me some advice??
Tomasz,

Have you run zttest on the system?  It verifies the accuracy of your
timing source.  Digium recommends an accuracy of at least 99.98%.  If
your accuracy is less than that it's probably the source of your problem.

Luckily, it's a problem with multiple solutions.  The following thread
documents some kernel configuration changes that you can make to improve
the quality of ztdummy as a timing source:

  Recommendations for kernel config
<http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2007-October/197778.html>

My preferred solution is to use an empty TDM400P as a timing source.  It
will cost you a little bit of money, but it's an easy way to reliably
solve your problem.  You'll find a few posts about it if you search the
list, but this one has most of the information you'll need:

  Empty Wildcard TDM400P as a MeetMe timer.
<http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2007-March/182005.html>

Regards,

Matthew Roth
InterMedia Marketing Solutions