[asterisk-users] Source Based Call Routing

Grey Man greyvoip at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jan 29 16:38:41 CST 2008

----- Original Message ----

 who would need this), but I am as of yet unable to find much help
> with

 it.

> What we want to do is have an asterisk box with a large number
> of

 extensions (1000+). This asterisk box will have approximately 3 SIP
> trunks

 setup back to providers. What we want to do is to be able to
> define

 groups of extensions that use specific outbound trunks.

> Approximately a third of the extensions will one the first trunk,

 third the second trunk, and the rest will use the last trunk. We also
> need

 control over assigning with trunks the given extensions will use.

> Any suggestions on how to get this to work would be very
> much

 appreciated.

Hi Daniel,

3 different contexts in your dial plan would work. Assign each block of accounts (rather than extensions) to the context with the routes that they should use. To change an account from using one trunk to another it would be as simple as changing its context.

Regards,

Greyman.

      Make the switch to the world's best email. Get the new Yahoo!7 Mail now. www.yahoo7.com.au/worldsbestemail