[asterisk-users] Source Based Call Routing

Daniel Cole dcole at hcit.com.au
Tue Jan 29 16:31:55 CST 2008

Hi List,

I have a scenario that I want to try out (we potential have a client who would need this), but I am as of yet unable to find much help with it.

What we want to do is have an asterisk box with a large number of extensions (1000+). This asterisk box will have approximately 3 SIP trunks setup back to providers. What we want to do is to be able to define groups of extensions that use specific outbound trunks.

Approximately a third of the extensions will one the first trunk, a third the second trunk, and the rest will use the last trunk. We also need control over assigning with trunks the given extensions will use.

Any suggestions on how to get this to work would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Daniel