[asterisk-users] Asterisk's DANGEROUS Transfer CDR's

Grey Man greyvoip at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jan 29 14:20:53 CST 2008

Hi Matt,

Sadly I understand all to well how transfers work. I've had to go over and over this for the last 12 months trying to find different ways of handling it. I'm talking about blind and attended call transfers here not IAX or any other kind. We are not taking Asterisk out of the media path and even if we were you wouldn't want to be losing CDR's from a provider's point of view, whoever set the call up is still paying for it regardless of where the media has been re-invited to.

Out of the 8 Asterisk based providers I have tested 3 have this issue and the other 5 don't support transfers.

It's dead simple for anyone to test. Find an Asterisk provider that supports transfers, connect with the xten, do a blind or attended transfer and check the CDR's. Call a free or cheap destination as the first leg of your transfer and the expensive destination second. You'll be pleasantly suprised at the bill!

Regards,

Greyman.

      Make the switch to the world's best email. Get the new Yahoo!7 Mail now. www.yahoo7.com.au/worldsbestemail