[asterisk-users] Change Default Voicemail Message

chris at cgb1911.mine.nu chris at cgb1911.mine.nu
Tue Jan 29 03:56:08 CST 2008

Hi Dan,

Sorry to bring a thread back from the dead, but you might find the
following interesting.

> Is there an easy way to achieve this with a computer generated
> voice? We do not wish to manually record the messages if possible,
> in the interests of a consistent message across all voicemail boxes.
> What would be the easiest way to do this?

It was almost as if the guys at Nerd Vittles knew exactly what you
needed and wrote an article about it... :)

http://nerdvittles.com/index.php?p=202

Headline is:
  Allison’s Text-to-Speech Trifecta: Cepstral, Asterisk 1.4, and
  FreePBX 2.3

Opening line:
  If you've longed for a text-to-speech Asterisk toolkit that sounds
  just like the default Allison prompts that ship with Asterisk 1.4,
  then today is your lucky day.

Havn't tried it myself but hopefully it comes close to what you need
it for.

Regards,

Chris Bennett