[asterisk-users] Shut down one Zap line

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Mon Jan 28 13:10:33 CST 2008

On Jan 28, 2008 1:33 PM, Ron Joffe <ron.joffe at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a system with 2 TE220B (2xPRI). I am looking for a method to shutdown
> one of the 4 zap lines.
>
> Something like a " ifconfig eth3 down " command.
>
> It should be the equivalent of physically unplugging one PRI circuit.

With or without reloading or restarting Asterisk?

I think if you are actually trying to bring down the PRI without
stopping changing configs and starting Asterisk, there is no way
currently.

If you just want to take them out of use but not down, you could write
a shell script to change your dialplan and put the PRIs in different
groups.

Lastly, outside of Asterisk you could use a CSU/DSU that supports
telnet or even an iBoot or other web controlled power outlet device to
turn it on or off.  iBoot works well but I prefer this unit
http://www.controlbyweb.com/webswitch/index.html because it is priced
better and has two outlets (plus you can mount it easily on a wall
board).  I have been using both products for various things and they
work flawlessly.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro