[asterisk-users] Peak number of calls?

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Mon Jan 28 12:56:39 CST 2008

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008, Steven wrote:

> I use mrtg,
>
> I call this from MRTG: `/usr/local/groundwork/nagios/libexec/asterisk-mrtg.pl -1 Zap -2 SIP`
>
> Here is my asterisk-mrtg.pl: (note, I have tweaked this, but I do not
> know where I had gotten my original reference)

Hi Steven,

The original location of this is:

   http://karlsbakk.net/asterisk/scripts/asterisk-mrtg

The down-side is that mrtg only samples every 5 minutes, and as there is
no running total, just an instantaneous count in gauge mode, it has the
opportunity to miss calls made when it's not sampling. So this is OK for
busy sites where a few calls either way won't be noticed, but I'm dealing
with relatively low call volumes of 1-2 a minute, with very occasional
bursts to (maybe, I don't know yet!) 4-6 simultaneous calls.

(I have a customer who has 4 ISDN2e ports; 8 channels) and they want to
know if they can lose one port and save some money)

I'm working on something slightly better that will poll it more often, but
still provide an mrtg interface. I'll post details here, but it's not that
high a priority right now.

Cheers,

Gordon