[asterisk-users] Asterisk and MRTG, a little help please...

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 10:25:28 CST 2008

> >After reading the sparse info and attempting to get this running, I'm
> >unsuccessful and could use some guidance.
> >
> >I already have a MRTG server up and running serving hundreds of router
> >interface graphs.  I would like to add SIP/IAX channel graphs for all
> >our asterisk servers.  I'm running asterisk 1.2 and MRTG 2.4.17.  I
> >tried the script from http://karlsbakk.net/asterisk/ but get errors
> >that MRTG does not recognize the first few lines, so I think I'm
> >running into MRTG version compatibility issues.
> >
> >Can anyone send me the MRTG scripts that may work with this setup?
> >

> I have the exact same script from that web page and it runs fine on
> Asterisk 1.2 and MRTG 2.9.29 (default RH ES3.0 install).  I also have
> other servers on RH9 and MRTG 2.10.13 running without issue as well.
> What errors are you getting?

Unknown option: h
Unknown option: 1
Unknown option: 2
ERROR: Line 3 (use strict;) in CFG file (10.10.14.102.cfg)  does not make sense

I named the script file the IP address of the server.cfg instead of
asterisk-mrtg.

I call the script from the command line:

# env LANG=C /usr/bin/mrtg 10.10.14.102.cfg -h 10.10.14.102 -1 SIP -2 IAX2

JR
--
JR Richardson
Engineering for the Masses