[asterisk-users] rxfax does not work (anymore)

Mark Johnson asterisk at astroshapes.com
Sun Jan 27 08:31:12 CST 2008

Ronald Wiplinger wrote:

> [Jan 27 16:03:32]     -- Executing RxFAX("SIP/88621001-00728610",
> "/var/spool/asterisk-fax/3000/1201421004.8.tif") in new stack
> vpbx*CLI>
> Disconnected from Asterisk server
>

> I have no idea why it disconnects and hope somebody can help me to get
> to work.
>
> bye
>
> Ronald

You subject says it doesn't work anymore.  Did you change something?
Upgrade Asterisk and not SpanDSP?

This is the same message you would see if the asterisk service wrecked.
  Have you tried turning on full debugging?  If not, edit the
/etc/asterisk/logger.conf and make sure there is a line in there like:

full => notice,warning,error,debug,verbose

Then, go through your fax process and check the file
/var/log/asterisk/full.  It will have tons of information about what
went on.

When you are done with this, be sure to disable the full logging because
it will eat a lot of drive space.

--
Mark Johnson
http://www.astroshapes.com/information-technology/blog/