[asterisk-users] autoprovision 200+ linksys phones setup

arkda thrills3k3r at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 14:17:46 CST 2008

The SPA942s configure very readily through TFTP. You can utilize DHCP to
point to your TFTP server (option 150 I think), and the phones look for a
file called spa<mac_address>.cfg.

The TFTP config files are pretty straightforward and easy to configure. I
usually just keep a spa-template.cfg and the individual customized lines at
the top of the file to make for easy editing.

If you're looking to automate the file creation, it's very possible to write
a shell script that does most of this automatically, prompting for the
information as it creates the file.