[asterisk-users] Home use of asterisk

Tim Litwiller tim at litwiller.net
Fri Jan 25 08:40:55 CST 2008

I have found many neat scripts for my home asterisk on the wiki and
elsewhere - and we really like it. But there are a couple of things I'd
still like to find.
And if anyone has some favorites that think think are great for a home
with 2 adults and 3 kids (4 phones) & 2 cell phones I'd like to hear
about them also.

What I'd like to find are some scripts that i could modify that use some
of the features the phone company provides. Most phone companies have 3
way calling features with only one line.  but you have to pass hookflash
back to the phone line to get the second dial tone. How would I make use
of this feature?

Also since I haven't got incoming and sending faxes thru asterisk to be
reasonably reliable - and the fax machine that we have can listen on the
line for a few seconds - I would like to put it on an incoinf extension
- outside of asterisk then when asterisk fax detects it sends 123 or
whatever the code the fax machine listens for to start receiving back
out the phone line so the fax machine will kick in and do its job.

 Also if there are any features that would help integrate the cell
phones with asterisk - I'd like to hear about those also

Thanks