[asterisk-users] Disable IAX2 call path optimization

asterisk-users at rogg.is asterisk-users at rogg.is
Fri Jan 25 07:33:14 CST 2008

I have a call coming in from Asterisk-A going to Asterisk-B where it's
determined that the called party is in fact yet another number in Asterisk-A
so a new call is created from B to A and the two calls bridged (by Asterisk)
at Asterisk-B.

Originating Caller ==> Asterisk-A  ==> Asterisk-B ==> Asterisk-A

Now, what happens is that in my case both A and B are on the same network
and therefore Asterisk-A apparently optimizes the round-trip to Asterisk-B
out and the original caller talks directly to the extension hosted in
Asterisk-A without the call path going the round-trip to Asterisk-B.

Is it possible to prevent this optimization from happening? Any way to
control if it happens at all, or can it be selected on per-call basis
somehow?

Can I find anywhere more details of call path optimization and it's
configuration, use, functionality and behaviour?

tnx,

Baldvin