[asterisk-users] What kind of configuration do I need to run Asterisk ?

Anthony Chapellier anthony at mbdsys.com
Fri Jan 25 03:50:16 CST 2008

Hi,

I hope someone in the mailing list has a good experience in server's
configuration requirement  since I was not able to make a large scale
test to know Asterisk's configuration requirements for my application.
So, I'd like to know what kind of configuration the following
application should require :

Asterisk'll be used as a VoIP server to handle video and audio
communications between two computers connected to the Internet. The
codecs used for video and audio are H263 and G711. The protocols used
are RTP and SIP. Finally, Asterisk should be able to handle between 5 to
10 communications simultaneously.

So do you know what kind of processor I should use ? How much memory ?
And how much bandwidth ?

Thank you,