[asterisk-users] Peak number of calls?

Anthony Francis anthonyf at rockynet.com
Wed Jan 23 23:23:23 CST 2008

Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 January 2008 12:23:24 Gordon Henderson wrote:
>
>> Is there any way to find-out the peak number of calls that an asterisk
>> system has had? Not the total number of calls, but the maximum number of
>> simultaneous calls.
>>
>> I know I can porobably go through the CDR logs and look for calls which
>> have overlapped in time, but I'm wondering if there's some counter
>> somewhere I could access...
>>

> No, the CDRs would be where that information is stored, if anywhere.

This is actually sort of easy. You simply have every call pass through a
context in which you assign the call to a group, then either do a NoOp
echoing the group count or a user event doing the same, then either
programatically or grep search your logs for the output or have a script
monitoring the AMI watch for the user event and write the number in a
data base.

Of these two I personally do the second option because then I can just
do a max() function on that database field to get the maximum calls for
any time range I specify.

Oh and just a note, never just say no because you don't know, in this
instance you would say, "I think your best bet is the CDR's". Just a tip.

Anthony