[asterisk-users] Your "favorite" Asterisk application.

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Wed Jan 23 22:57:49 CST 2008

Hi, all.  I've done some Asterisk recelling, but recently got roped into a
Sr. SysAdmin position.  Our PBX is c. 1823, and -- well, as pretty much
all circuit-based systems do, it sucks.  It sucks to administer, moves
suck... you know the drill.  So, I'd love change to an Asterisk system.
My boss, who loves to spend money for no particular reason, wants to go
proprietary, though.  So I'm going to have to try to sell him.  I figured
one place to start would be some of the really cool applications that
Asterisk has that -- generally, at least -- don't require licensing.  Some
of my favorites are follow-me, meetme, voicemail-to-e-mail and
fax-to-e-mail.  What are some of your favorite features/applications, be
ith native or third-party?

Thanks,

-Ken

believed to be clean.