[asterisk-users] Peak number of calls?

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Wed Jan 23 16:33:06 CST 2008

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008, Andres wrote:

> Gordon Henderson wrote:
>
>> Is there any way to find-out the peak number of calls that an asterisk
>> system has had? Not the total number of calls, but the maximum number of
>> simultaneous calls.
>>

> MRTG is very handy for this.  We use the script found at:
> http://karlsbakk.net/asterisk/  You can plot SIP, IAX, and ZAP Channels
> over time.

Ah yes. Quite Intersting.

I use MRTG in a lot of applications, so this is worthy of a look. It only
samples every 5 minutes though, so has the potential to miss things,
although this (and the crude shell-script suggested by Steve Edwards has
presented me with an idea to use the manager interface to sample it a bit
more often and keep a count.

Thanks!

Gordon