[asterisk-users] Modem bridging on Asterisk (no VoIP involved)

Alberto Pastore alberto at msoft-italia.com
Wed Jan 23 02:39:36 CST 2008

Hi everybody.

I know maybe this question has been posted some time ago, but
I need your updated opinion on the subject.

I'm replacing our old pbx with asterisk.
I have two TE207 dual pri (e1) cards on a clustered system
(one on each node).

I absolutely need to connect 4/5 analog extensions with
modems, they're being used for remote assistance on very
old systems which cannot be upgraded to native IP links.

Is there a good hardware that can bridge the e1 lines
on the digium te207 card to my modems?
A PCI card? An external box?

I don't want to relay modem connections over ip,
I just need to bridge them internally on the asterisk server:

E1 ==> TE207 ==> Asterisk ==> (some hardware with FXS) ==> modems

TIA for your replies.

--
Alberto Pastore
B-Press Srl - Gruppo MSoft