[asterisk-users] Polycom-SIP response 500

Steve Johnson stevej456 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 21:54:06 CST 2008

Hi list,

There are many Polycom experts on this list -- hopefully someone has a solution.

With *several* versions of Asterisk 1.4.x, doing a reload  of Asterisk
causes the Polycom 601 phones to start dumping these messages to the
CLI.

    -- Incoming call: Got SIP response 500 "Internal Server Error"
back from 192.168.2.x

They continue on until we force the devices to reboot from the CLI
with a "sip notify polycom-check-cfg 140 141 142 ..." command.

Of course this is "unpleasant" especially during the day.

I have scoured the archives, google and the wiki and have found that
although many experience this problem, no one has posted a solution.

Help please! Thanks much!

Steve