[asterisk-users] asterisk-1.2.26.tar.gz Thoughts?

Steve Totaro stotaro at mail.schoffstall.com
Sun Jan 20 04:11:16 CST 2008

Thomas Kenyon wrote:
> Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>
>> Well, there is not enough data to suggest that. Before blaming Ira for
>> being such a cheap fellow (after all, he didn't buy one of those IBM big
>> iorns to run Asterisk on) we should also consider that the upgrade to
>> 1.4 probably also involved an upgrade of Zaptel, which *is* kernel
>> space.
>>

> Does that make someone cheap? My callweaver test system is running on a
> S/H big heavy IBM server (with redundant PSU, hotswapable, RAID etc.).
>
> Admittedly it was very competatively priced.

Cheap, Frugal, Price Savvy, all may be labels for calling someone
cheap.  I call it sound fiscal policy providing what you use suits your
needs and does not cost you more in the long run.

I have even seen an Emachine running a somewhat busy PBX with over
year's uptime.  I would call that a gamble but certainly it has paid off
for them.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro