[asterisk-users] asterisk-1.2.26.tar.gz Thoughts?

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Sun Jan 20 01:33:31 CST 2008

PC's age and when they age, things tend to go wrong, particularly when
you upgrade software.  Unusual crashes are usually the first sign that
something is going wrong.

To me, it sounds like you've put the money into many of the right areas
- segregating your voice and data networks, going with decent phones and
ensuring your power is reliable so it just seems a little strange to go
cheap on the actual server.

It sounds like you've been pretty lucky with this machine - not all
desktop machines are going to be anywhere near that reliable.  The big
thing that server grade machines give you is better quality of parts
that have been extensively tested with a range of operating systems.  I
guess it's up to you - personally, I'd take the warning signs and start
planning to replace the server.  Possibly I'm just a little more
cautious than some.  :)