[asterisk-users] nokia e51

Christian Lox lox at netzwerkplanet.de
Sat Jan 19 17:10:58 CST 2008

Hi all.

Anyone to share some experience with Nokia E51 and asterisk?
We are trying to connect the E51 to our asterisk but to no avail.
Googling said that it should work, but we are seeing real strange
things here:
- tcpdump reveals the nokia is talking to other ports than 5060
- registration is not possible at all, right now there is no network
traffic to the asterisk box at all. A softphone on the same wlan
segment registers without any problem.

The how-tos on the web suggest different settings concerning the
proxy/registration setup....But none of them works for us.
But we are not nokia guys at all....
So, any help greatly appreciated!

The setup:

Cisco AP with EAP-TLS.
Connected to an switch on which several vlans are connected to a
cisco router.
The internal network (192.168.23.0/24) talks to the DMZ, on which
the radius (for EAP-TLS) and also the asterisk box is hosted.
IP Addresses are assigned via DHCP from the AP.
The Laptop from which i am writing has x-lite installed and that
works just fine with the same credentials we are trying to setup the
nokia:

2001                       abc                               sipgate
          No   RFC3581

We have been playing with nat=yes|no, but we cant get it to work.

Thanks,
Christian