[asterisk-users] AMIProxyPal - AMI Proxy Project

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Fri Jan 18 18:47:42 CST 2008

After having misunderstood some key elements of AstManProxy, I started to write
my own proxy server for Asterisk AMI.  I was under the impression that it
required a mysql database to cache its data for some reason.  (Is there another
AMI proxy that uses a mysql database?)  At any rate, I had written about 70% of
the core functionality so I decided to continue on.  I'm not a C programmer so
having something in my preferred language to use and extend later on is nice.

I still most of my development on Windows so I haven't had a chance to build any
Linux binaries other than for debugging, but should have some ready in the next
week or so as Linux testing continues.  In the meantime, there are Win32
binaries in the repository.

Currently I'm working on xml and ini based decorators to customize the packets
to/from clients.

I'm using the proxy for a re-write of an existing operator panel I have in order
to make it cross platform, but I've released the proxy itself released under
GPL.  It is written in ObjectPascal using Lazarus IDE (0.9.24) with Freepascal
compiler (2.2.0);

Sources are available here:
http://www.leebo.dreamhosters.com/AMIProxy/

--
Warm Regards,

Lee

"The only thing that kept me out college...was high school."