[asterisk-users] dtmf from Cell phones

Dan Kirsche dvinewine at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 16:41:26 CST 2008

when placing a call with a cellphone to the asterisk server, the dtmf
recognition on asterisk is not working properly. It seems to duplicate the
first digit so if I enter 123 on my cellphone, asterisk interprets it as
1123. I have messed around with relaxdtmf, & toneduration. Calling from a
landline or a sip phone works pefectly with no problems.  I am using a
digium tdm400 card with 2 fxo ports on asterisk 1.4.9.

I tested the actual dtmf sound that asterisk is picking up by dialing from a
cellphone and connecting to a sip phone attached to asterisk. when I hit a
button I get a brief dtmf sound, then a pause and then the full dtmf sound.

Anyone else seen this issue? Is this a bug or an incorrect configuration?