[asterisk-users] asterisk-1.2.26.tar.gz Thoughts?

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Fri Jan 18 15:29:49 CST 2008

At 12:34 PM 1/18/2008, you wrote:

> > Although for some of us, or at least me, no version of 1.4 has run
> > for more than 72 hours before generating a kernel panic. I've tried
> > about 6 versions, the early ones were good for about 10 minutes, the
> > latest one lasted 3 days. Sadly I'm still stuck using the latest 1.2.
> >
> > Ira
>
>What type of Asterisk setup do you have? While my setup is not a large
>commercial setup I have seen asterisk 1.4 with a few calls going through
>it at once last for weeks if not months before it was restarted. Just
>curious.

1ghz Celeron, 1 gig ram, 120gb HD. An HP home desktop discarded by a client
2 year old Digium 4 FXO port card using only 3 ports and the Digium HP echo can

3 analog lines in
2 SIP lines in
most outgoing via SIP
Most incoming via analog
phones are all Aastra 480i-CT

Dial plan is hand written, likely a bit convoluted, but it's hard to
avoid that.

Seems like the panics were mostly to do with ZAP

The internet runs over 192.168.0.XXX
the phones run on 192.168.233.XXX
The two networks are completely separate until they reach the router
connected to the world.

The only problem I have with the most current 1.2 is every month or
three it thinks one of the phones has 5 active lines going and stops
sending calls to it, restart gracefully and all is well again.

Ira