[asterisk-users] SAY TIME + PHPAGI + Timezone

Nitesh Divecha nitesh at vipernetworks.com
Fri Jan 18 14:13:55 CST 2008

Hello All,

Is there any way to change the timezone on the fly? I have this little
time clock program running on Asterisk system developed using PHPAGI.
Currently, whenever user logs in, Asterisk will prompt the current
system time using "$agi->say_time();" which executes "SAY TIME". Now the
current timezone set on the system is "PST", and I have a request to
prompt multiple timezones based on the users location.

First part is easy to lookup from which area code the user is calling,
now the second part is to set the timezone based on the area code and
prompt the users correct time.

For example, if 248 (MI) user dials into the system, then time clock has
to prompt EST time and if 714 (CA) user dials in then prompt PST time.

Any suggestions... Thanks

Cheers,
Nitesh