[asterisk-users] Accessing a MySQL database and using the same db for cdr

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Fri Jan 18 09:02:42 CST 2008

On 1/18/08, Cyril SCETBON <cyril.scetbon at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Does someone use a mysql database for accessing data and in the same
> time for storing cdr ? if that is the case, which module is used ?

There are two different modules for this. But it's all in
asterisk-addons. For queries you would need app_addon_sql_mysql and
for CDR - cdr_addon_mysql. However app_addon_sql_mysql would require
you to connect/disconnect and keep track of ID's. there's also
res_odbc that connects automatically, but that needs ODBC installed,
and i don't like extra layers :) I'm waiting for something that would
have the same interface that res_odbc but would use MySQL directly.

Btw, in trunk there's improvements for Realtime engine, so you can do
UPDATE's and DELETE's trough func_realtime. If you're interested - i
can send you backported patch for 1.4

Regards,
Atis