[asterisk-users] SIP

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Fri Jan 18 06:20:25 CST 2008

Hello,

For each incoming or outgoing call, sip hardphones I'm using, turn BLF on
and off like this:
the first call (after leaving idle status) turns 1st BLF on,
the second one turns 2nd BLF and so on,
when a call is hanged, its BLF is turn off.

My first question is : do you think such behaviour is general ?

My 2nd question is : using AMI, how can I tell for a given extension :
1. the number of ongoing calls (both incoming or outgoing ones),
2. classify them by time of creation (so that I can be somehow be certain to
tie each call with each BLF)

I've seen AMI ExtensionState Action (
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+Manager+API+Action+ExtensionState)
but it won't tell the number of calls.

To complete my request, I must add that when I'm requesting an extension
ongoing calls listing, I haven't previously issued any request asking
Asterisk to notify calls events for that extension.

Any hint ?

Cheers