[asterisk-users] IAX Trunk between two Asterisks

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 17 15:32:28 CST 2008

This is my configuration in the extensions.conf,
iax.conf at Site A and Site B, so anyone can help why
the call refused?

Site A:

[IPLink]
type=friend
context=IPLinkIncoming
host=192.168.2.3
usename=IPLink
secret=password
canreinvite=no
nat=no

[SiteBInternal]

exten => _2XX,1,Dial(IAX2/${EXTEN}@IPLink)
exten => _2XX,2,Playback(vm-nobodyavail)
exten => _2XX,3,Hangup()
exten => _2XX,102,Playback(tt-allbusy)
exten => _2XX,103,Hangup()

[IPLinkIncoming]

include => SiteBInternal
include => SiteBExternal

And at Site B:

[IPLink]
type=friend
context=IPLinkIncoming
host=192.168.2.2
usename=IPLink
secret=password
canreinvite=no
nat=no

[SiteAInternal]

exten => _2XX,1,Dial(IAX2/${EXTEN}@IPLink)
exten => _2XX,2,Playback(vm-nobodyavail)
exten => _2XX,3,Hangup()
exten => _2XX,102,Playback(tt-allbusy)
exten => _2XX,103,Hangup()

[IPLinkIncoming]

include => SiteAInternal
include => SiteAExternal

Regards
Bilal

------------------

> Hi All;
>
> I did an IP Trunk using IAX between two Asterisk
> boxes, now Asterisk A can send a call for B but B
> refuse it. The IAX type was configured to be
"friend"
> in the iax.con for Asterisk A and B, is there any
> thing else need to be done to let B accept the call
> from A?
>
> Also, I used an static IP address for the host when
> configured the iax client in the iax.conf file.
>
> Any help?
> Regards
> Bilal

I used to see this problem when I used to use IAX2.
Sometimes it would
 just
go away.  I seem to remember using insecure=very to
get it working but
 I may
be wrong.

Anyways, post the relevant parts of your IAX2 confs
from both boxes and
someone might be able to spot something right off the
bat.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro