[asterisk-users] Asterisk desktop tools for OS X

Devraj Mukherjee devraj at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 15:16:41 CST 2008

Hi Tzafrir,

Yes it does use the Manager Interface. It account does require "call"
level access. That may then result in "umlimited access" to Asterisk
(well to originate calls anyway). However I have made real conscious
efforts to filter messages that are being transmitted over the socket
so the application doesn't listen or talk on behalf of a single
extension.

If this is a concern, is every desktop application that integrates
using the Manager Interface a problem for Asterisk administrators?

Also, what is a way around it then? I see desktop tools for Asterisk
being one of the biggest advantages over traditional PBXes.