[asterisk-users] SIP Proxy Issues

Nicholas Blasgen nicholas at blasgen.com
Thu Jan 17 13:28:54 CST 2008

I've set up plenty of Asterisk boxes but never one that had to deal with a
proxy server to be able to use a line.  Using "X-Lite" I have no issue with
settings as follows:

Display Name: Any Name
User name: 00575000010XXXX
Password: 00575000010XXXX
Authorization user name: <blank>
Domain: directnationalloan.com

Checked "Register with domain" and "Send outbound via: Proxy Address:
las-obproxy.voipzone.us"

X-Lite has no issues with registration or placing calls.

Now the fun part, Asterisk I've been able to get to register.

register => 00575000010XXXX at directnationalloan.com:
00575000010XXXX:00575000010XXXX at las-obproxy.voipzone.us

It's the placing of calls that I'm getting an error.  I've tried so many
different configurations that it's somewhat pointless to show you my
settings.  The one I've been playing around with most recently is:

[voipexten]
auth=00575000010XXXX:00575000010XXXX at las-obproxy.voipzone.us
username=00575000010XXXX
secret=00575000010XXXX
fromdomain=directnationalloan.com
type=peer
qualify=yes
insecure=port,invite
outboundproxy=las-obproxy.voipzone.us

But of corse that doesn't work.  Maybe someone here has an idea.

--
/Nick