[asterisk-users] Unable to open master device '/dev/zap/ctl'

ast guy astguy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 04:37:19 CST 2008

*Walter Willis,
*Thanks a lot, got the commands from zap Makefile and it worked, now can
create conference room, my question still stands why it didn't create
itself. Will go through make file to get an answer to that.

Anyone else facing the issue can resolve by running following commands

        mknod  /dev/zap/ctl c 196 0
        mknod  /dev/zap/transcode c 196 250
        mknod  /dev/zap/timer c 196 253
        mknod  /dev/zap/channel c 196 254