[asterisk-users] IMAP client in asterisk not trying to contact IMAP server

KodaK sakodak at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 18:54:47 CST 2008

I'm trying to test IMAP in 1.4.17 and it appears to be not working.

I've compiled imap-2007 with the following on a CentOS 5 box:

make slx EXTRACFLAGS="-I/usr/include/openssl -fPIC"

and I've configured and compiled asterisk with the following:

./configure --with-imap=/usr/local/src/imap-2007

The compile and install went just fine, no warnings and no errors that I saw.

However, when actually trying to use it, it doesn't appear that asterisk is even
trying to use the local IMAP server.

The local IMAP server is dovecot, with a master password configured.  I've
tried plain and SHA auth, but from the logs I don't even see the asterisk
master user trying to connect.

Here's my voicemail.conf:

[general]
imapserver=localhost
imapfolder=Inbox
;pollmailboxes=yes
;pollfreq=30
imapflags=notls
authuser=asttest
expungeonhangup=yes
authpassword=whatever
[default]

5252 => 5252,Test,5252 at localhost,,imapuser=5252

(I have also tried this line as:
5252 => 5252,Test,,,imapuser=5252
5252 => 5252,Test,5252 at localhost,,imapuser=5252|imappass=pass
5252 => 5252,Test,,,imapuser=5252|imappass=pass

all with and without the authuser and authpassword in the general section.)

I can authenticate against the * server using 5252*asttest as the username and
"whatever" as the password, which I'm lead to believe is how * will
try to connect.
(Also, the imap user 5252 exists and can receive mail.)

Is there something else I'm missing?  Is there some other place in the
dial plan that
I have to say "use IMAP"?  Is there some way to confirm that the imap client
has been compiled in?  Some hidden CLI command to debug it?

doing "grep -i imap /var/log/asterisk/*" gives absolutely no results.

I'm almost convinced that I've got something wrong in the configuration because
I tried the latest SVN and I didn't see it hit the IMAP server, but it
also segfaulted
so who knows.

Any ideas at all?  Am I missing something obvious that I'll find as
soon as I press
"send" and wish I hadn't sent the message?

Thanks,

--J(K)