[asterisk-users] HDLC errors

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Wed Jan 16 18:32:04 CST 2008

On Jan 16, 2008 7:07 PM, Russell Bryant <russell at digium.com> wrote:

> Steven wrote:
> > I'm not sure what to try next, other than calling the telco and asking
> > them to check their equipment.  Does any one have a suggestion before I
> > do that?
>
> I have a suggestion.  Have you contacted Digium technical support for
> assistance
> with resolving this issue?
>
> --
> Russell Bryant
> Senior Software Engineer
> Open Source Team Lead
> Digium, Inc.

Excellent suggestion.  Make sure you can give them SSH access and screen so
you can see what they are doing.  Before that, check (remake) your T1 cables
and if it is punched down on a block, re-punch it.

Work with your telco as well.  I call that burning the candle from both
ends.  You said there were no errors looping port one to port two and
generating calls with call files.  That may indicate a telco issue.  I
usually open a ticket with the telco right away just in case so it can be
escalated quicker if in fact it is the telco.  Sometimes you have to be a
jerk to these guys to get someone with half a brain to look into your
problem rather than blaming CPE (the easiest way to close their ticket and
get you off the phone).

If Digium says it is the telco and the telco says it is your CPE
(Asterisk/Digium/Server/CPE wiring) then put them together on a conference
call!

I am sure it won't come to that if it is truly a Digium/Asterisk issue.
They will take care of it.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro