[asterisk-users] HDLC errors

Steven steven.kurylo at aviawest.com
Wed Jan 16 17:52:21 CST 2008

I'm running Asterisk 1.2.26.1 svn rev 79171 on Trixbox 2.2.  libpri
1.2.7 and zaptel 1.2.22.1.  The hardware is a HP dl360 single cpu with a
TE220B.  The system load is below 0.10.

I moved the server into production, with one PRI, on Friday.  On that
day we handled a couple thousand calls and I only saw one HDLC abort
message.  On Saturday half the calls and two abort messages an hour
apart.  On Sunday, after 1500 when there was only a couple calls, the
HDLC messages went crazy.

We're getting non-stop Abort messages, with Bad FCS thrown in about
every tenth message.  They come in bunches, with short 10-30 second
breaks.  Then every once and awhile there is an 30 minute break,
sometimes a 3 hour break.  The messages seems completely separate from
system load.  The system will be idle and get the messages and have no
messages when I load up dozens of calls on it (using call files to
complete calls)

After reading the mailing list and various websites (asteriskguru.com
has a couple articles), the first thing I did was look for IRQ
conflicts.  The module for the usb bus (no usb devices attached) was on
the same IRQ.  Disabling USB had no effect.  zttool shows no IRQ misses.

The second PRI was installed on Monday, that day with only two calls,
the message came 11 times.  Three times on Tuesday with no calls, then
late at night I loaded it up with calls for testing (having call files
call out on the second PRI to the first PRI) and no messages were
generated.  Again today its had a few messages with only a couple calls.

I'm not sure what to try next, other than calling the telco and asking
them to check their equipment.  Does any one have a suggestion before I
do that?

Thanks.