[asterisk-users] volume problem

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 02:34:28 CST 2008

On Jan 16, 2008 9:18 AM, Rilawich Ango <maillisting at gmail.com> wrote:
> can't hear very clear.  Can I adjust to increase the volume in callee
> side?  Is it increase the value of  txgain can solve the problem?

Ango,

If you search around for zaptel txgain you'll probably find a lot of
info about tweaking it. Zaptel has optional tools installed with it
(zt*) to meter and adjust the levels. Every article or post has a
different take: are there parameters percent, integers, DB? Just keep
trying and watch the "meters".

Here is but one example:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+zapata+gain+adjustment

(with the usual disclaimer about http://voip-info.org being out of date)

Look for ztmonitor. I believe these tools are now an option on the
mensuselect dialog.