[asterisk-users] chan_mobile type=

Emmanuel Favre-Nicolin manouchk at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 15:08:10 CST 2008

Le mardi 15 janvier 2008, Robert Moskowitz a écrit :
> What are the values for type for chan_mobile?
>
> headset and phone ???

I think that if you let
#type=headset
it is by default a phone. It means that asterisk will try to use the mobile as
a hand's free .
If you set
type=headset
It means that asterisk will connect to the mobile as a bluetooth headset.

I don't know what's the best in your case. For my mobile, w300i the rfcomm
port number are 4 for handfreeprofile and 5 for headset profile.
For the w300i, the handfree profile seems to be the best choice (yet no so
good)
port=4 ;handfreeprofile       ; the rfcomm port number (from mobile search)
;port=5 ;headset profile

chan_mobile did not told me the right  rfcomm port number.  I got the right
number (at least I think) from kdebluetoothd that opens o konqueror window...
with the mobile and gives all services. If I remember well, if you select
services and copy them to a text editor you will get the rfcomm port.

> I get my Treo650 to pair.
>
> hcitool scan shows the device.
> hcitool con comes up empty.
>
> I go into Asterisk cli.
>
> mobile search shows the device (while I am waiting for a response, I see
> the phone showing a connection being set up).  And I am shown that I
> have a device that is:
>
> NOT available and is a headset

May not mean it won't work, I observed the same thing...

> OOPS.
>
> So I think I need to force Asterisk to see this as a phone?  Or is there
> something I need in a bluetooth config file?

You need a mobile.conf file
Most usefull links for me for configuring chan_mobile were
http://www.geek-pages.com/articles/asterisk/howto_build_and_configure_chan_mobile_on_trixbox.html
http://www.saghul.net/blog/2007/08/29/howto-review-chan_mbile/
http://snapvoip.blogspot.com/2007/10/configuring-using-and-debugging.html

more /etc/asterisk/mobile.conf
[general]
interval=10   ; Number of seconds between trying to connect to devices.

[adapter]
id=intuix
address=00:11:67:2E:B4:FD
;forcemaster=yes  ; attempt to force adapter into master mode. default is no.
alignmentdetection=yes ; enable this if you sometimes get 'white noise' on
asterisk side
 of the call
[adapter]
id=trendnet
address=00:18:E7:2E:DC:AB
;forcemaster=yes  ; attempt to force adapter into master mode. default is no.
[W300i]
address=00:16:B8:5F:C2:71 ; the address of the phone
port=4 ;handfreeprofile       ; the rfcomm port number (from mobile search)
;port=5 ;headset profile
context=frommobile
adapter=intuix
;adapter=trendnet
dtmfskip=60
;type=headset      ; This is a headset, not a Phone !
group=1       ; this phone is in channel group 1
;nocallsetup=yes    ; set this only if your phone reports that it supports
call progress
 notification, but does not do it. Motorola L6 for example